+ How long Is A Float Session?
- Our float sessions are 90 minutes long.
+ What Do I Need To Bring?
- We will provide everything you need for your showers (i.e.,soap, shampoo, contact case/solution, towels, etc) however we would advise bringing a hairbrush if you have long hair, deodorant, as well as anything else you would need for after shower. You will be asked to remove your shoes, before entering the private rooms, so please feel free to bring slippers or sandals to wear if you are uncomfortable in bare feet.
+ Is It Private?
- Yes. Each float room/tank is contained within an individual suite (no swimsuit required!). Each suite has its own shower and is for your exclusive use for the duration of your session.
+ What Do I Wear?
- We encourage you to float in the nude. Strings and ties may be distracting. Not only do you have a private room including a private shower, but you will also be completely in the dark.
+ What If I Fall Asleep In The Tank?
- Some clients are so relaxed by their floats that they drift into a peaceful sleep. This is fine! It's not like sleeping in your bed, when in your sleep you can roll over. In order to flip over in water, you would have to do so consciously. If you do flip over, there's over 1000 lbs of Epsom salt in the water and you would get it in your eyes, nose and mouth. That would definitely wake you up! The music that signals the end of your float gradually increases in volume and is loud enough to wake up most clients who have fallen asleep. Even while wearing ear plugs and being underwater you will hear the music. If you don't wake up after a little while, we can turn on the filter pumps and that will definitely get you up.
+ Is The Water Clean?
- Yes. The incredibly high salt content of the water prevents bacteria and other micro-organisms from surviving within the tank. In addition, we filter the water thoroughly, zap it with antimicrobial ultraviolet light, and use an odorless and safe disinfectant at an optimal level for sanitation. This is more than what's done for any hot tub or swimming pool. As as result, the water is very clean. We also ask that clients use the showers in the float rooms before and after their sessions. Body wash/shampoo/conditioner are provided in the showers.
+ Will Floating Damage My Hair?
- No! Floating with dyed hair is fine and will not affect your color. Please wait a week after you dye your hair before floating to make sure that any extra color has had the chance to rinse out. There is a chance that recently dyed hair may color the water in our float tanks. For anyone who has had a straightening treatment done (ex: keratin) or have extensions, please be aware that salt will effect your treatment. If you are unsure, consult with your hair stylist.
+ Can I Float If I Just Got A Piercing Or Tattoo?
- Please refer to the instructions you received with you piercing or tattoo regarding water submersion. You may need to wait a period of time before floating. Allow at least one month after you have received a new tattoo to consider floating in order to protect your art.
+ I'm Pregnant/Menstruating. Can I Float?
- Yes to both! If you're pregnant, pregnant women in all trimesters can enjoy the relaxation and physical relief of floating but as a precaution please check with your physician. If you're menstruating, please take the same precautions while floating as you would if you were in a swimming pool.
+ What If I'm Claustrophobic?
- Being in a float room is more like floating in outer space than being shut in a box. You're always in control of your environment. We have 2 Float Rooms (Harmony and Tranquility) that are huge; they're 6ft x 8ft and larger than most people's bathrooms! There is a light in the float room that you can control and there's no lock on the door to the float room so you can open and close it as you please.
+ What Type Of Tanks Do You Have?
- We have two float rooms and one float tank. The float rooms (Harmony and Tranquility) are two of the largest float rooms on the east coast. They're 6ft X 8ft filled with 300 gallons of water (10-11 inches deep) with 1400 lbs of epsom salt dissolved inside. The float tank is a floataway relaxation tank. It's 4 ft x 8 ft filled with 175 gallons of water (10-11 inches deep) and 900 lbs of epsom salt dissolved inside.
+ Can More Than One Person Float In A Tank At A Time?
- Unfortunately, our float rooms and float tank can only accommodate one person at a time. However, you can schedule two floats at the same time.
+ Do I Have To Stay In The Whole Time?
- You can get out anytime. There aren't any latches on the tank door and you control your experience. That said, the 90-minutes usually goes by quickly and we recommend staying in the entire session to experience the full effects of floating.
+ Do I Get Dehydrated From Soaking For So Long?
- No - your skin doesn't even prune up. You do absorb a lot of magnesium from the Epsom salt which has tons of benefits!
+ Can I float If I'm Having Problems With My Ears?
- Some conditions, such as perforated eardrum, require that one does not submerge their head in water until the eardrum or other injury is completely healed. If you are unsure, please consult with your doctor and follow their instructions.
+ What if I experience motion sickness or seasickness often?
- Customers who are easily susceptible to motion sickness or ‘car sickness’ may possibly feel sensations of mild dizziness or slight nausea from their first float although this is not very common we like you to be forewarned and advised.
+ Do You Have A Cancellation Policy?
- Yes. We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Should you need to cancel your appointment less than 24 hours prior to its start time, or if you miss your appointment, your card will be charged $35.00. Please be aware that we require a credit/debit card to book all appointments beforehand regardless of payment method.
+ Do You Accept Insurance?
- Unfortunately at this time we do not accept insurance, only credit, debit, or cash. We may accept it in the future.